A Landscape of My Village, Taken by one of my friends

About Me

My photo
Someone walking on the sidewalk doesn't look at people around him...He goes towards one ideal, which was blessed by his Gods. Maybe, he came to the world in order to come true the dreams in his mind, who knows, maybe he was intentionally sent by a holy power. However, there are something decreasing while approaching to the destination. This is very alike to the story of a butterfly. Everybody knows that a butterfly succumbs to attractiveness of a candle, which becomes the reason of his death...

A Brief View of Alexander

Thursday, April 21, 2011

DON'T BE SUCH AN EDUCATOR

        I can be a more effective communicator in English by improving my English skills. If I assume that my english is perfect at the moment, I need two things to be an effective communicator, which are feeling relax and thinking simple during conversation. The principal in the book called 'Don't Be Such a Scientist', which is 'The arousal and fulfillment your audience's desire', is also so significant thing in this matter, but the basic things are the two ones I mentioned above. According to me, if you are not good at the subject you talk about, you can not be effective communicator. I mean while speaking about economy, you have to have much knowledge about that. The interesting thing is that I saw many people who do not know about their subject, but they communicate with their audiences in very effective way, as long as I observed. For example, I know some historians in Turkey, although they do not talk about recent historical knowledge, they speak about some heroic thing in Turkey, they are liked a lot by their audiences. I think, it is very important thing at this point a balance between speaker's academic, cultural level and audience's. Even if you were a perfect communicator, if you don't have audience who can understand you, your perfect communication skills won't work. There are many writers in history that they were not understood during the time they were alive because they did not have their audience who are the ability to understand their words.

1 comment:

  1. You speak with wisdom and practicality. I understand what you are saying. I wonder if you improved your English skills and were relaxed, what skills would you work on next?

    Of course being an expert in what you are talking about is mandatory before appealing to the audience's "fulfimment."

    ReplyDelete