A Landscape of My Village, Taken by one of my friends

About Me

My photo
Someone walking on the sidewalk doesn't look at people around him...He goes towards one ideal, which was blessed by his Gods. Maybe, he came to the world in order to come true the dreams in his mind, who knows, maybe he was intentionally sent by a holy power. However, there are something decreasing while approaching to the destination. This is very alike to the story of a butterfly. Everybody knows that a butterfly succumbs to attractiveness of a candle, which becomes the reason of his death...

A Brief View of Alexander

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Marshmallow Challenge

     The competition was to build a structure that should have been made by spaghettis and should have been placed a marshmallow on the top of structure. We had 18 minutes to do that. There was 4 groups competing each other. The group that would build higher structure was going to be winner. Our group, Tuba, Betul, Erhan, Serdar and me, became the winner of the competition. Our structure was heighted 20.15 inches.
    I think, the purpose of the exercise is to measure or improve creativity.  It was difficult task to build a structure from very weak material and put a mashmallow on its top. The structure was more likely going to collapse at the moment we put marshmallow on its top. However, the exercise was also about the ability to use thin muscles. For example, someone can be very creative, but he may be able to use his thin muscles, so he won't probably build the structure properly, which doesn't mean that he is not a creative man because creativity can be seen some work that doesnot require any thin muscle ability. I surprised at the time when I came back to my friends after leaving them for  little time because when I returned I found them they completed the task.
    The video about the exercise gave me an opinion that people have some avarege height structure according to their job. However, it doesnot seem logical to me. The link between building it higher and having a high level job is not a logical connection. Maybe, architectures who are the best at building it  can have rationale explanationn because of their major. It was very good exercise, however, its reflections about IQ, job, and age so on are not certain things.

1 comment: