A Landscape of My Village, Taken by one of my friends

About Me

My photo
Someone walking on the sidewalk doesn't look at people around him...He goes towards one ideal, which was blessed by his Gods. Maybe, he came to the world in order to come true the dreams in his mind, who knows, maybe he was intentionally sent by a holy power. However, there are something decreasing while approaching to the destination. This is very alike to the story of a butterfly. Everybody knows that a butterfly succumbs to attractiveness of a candle, which becomes the reason of his death...

A Brief View of Alexander

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Sense of Lostness in Independence Street

Independence Street in Istanbul has very long history, but the interesting aspects in it for me is its people and irregularity. When I go there, I feel myself relax. The responsibilities of life on my shoulders slide down quickly. Blending into people walking on it, listening to many sort of music performed on sidewalks, historical buildings that tell us the the greatness of our past, churches, and one mosque so on. The street is a reflection of 21th century on a wall that was engraved with history. I can see people who come from a wide variety of background there. Differences, and similarities is the best feelings you can feel there. And its bookstores I used to go regularly. In history, there was the place of consulates coming from Europe. As a result of this, I guess there is a sense of alienation there. You can breath this air while walking there. You lose yourself along the way, which is relief for me. Looking yourself as a stranger was the thing I was able to do there.  

2 comments:

  1. What is the meaning of Alexander Ottoman? I think that this is weird. you had better change this. Alexander means iskender in Turkish. On the other hand, Ottoman means Osmanli in Turkish. they look ridiculus both English and Turkish

    ReplyDelete
  2. he writes himself, he composes herself, her scenes himself...

    ReplyDelete